This statement applies to all information collected or submitted on this website. It details what information we collect, how and why we collect it. If you have any comment or query, please submit your request via the Contact Us form quoting 'privacy statement'.
As described within the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we take appropriate measures to maintain the security of your data on our website. Information collected is governed by this privacy statement and your use of this website signifies your agreement.
What we collect
- Information you provide for purposes of registering (including demographic data such as your gender and date of birth and other data entered into your personal profile / self-assessment)
- Information you provide for purposes of subscribing to email notifications and newsletters.
- Any other information you choose to send us.
- Information about your computer and your visits to the site, including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
PLEASE NOTE - Before you disclose to us the personal information of any other person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and processing of that information in accordance with the terms of this policy
We may use your information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by understanding user behaviour and preferences
- Enable your use of services available on the site
- Send you general non-marketing communications
- Send you email notifications you have specifically requested
- Provide third parties with amalgamated statistical information about our users, but this will not be used to identify any individual users or to look at the data related to individual users
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the site
- Keep the site secure and prevent fraud
PLEASE NOTE - We will not provide your information to any third parties for the purposes of marketing
How we collect information
This privacy statement does not apply to external links; collection of information by such sites is subject to relevant privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices of external websites and use of such websites is at your discretion.
Terms and conditions
NHS Wales Informatics Services (NWIS), as the Data Processors, and Public Health Wales, as the Data Controllers for this service, will process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We are committed to respecting your privacy and want you to feel secure when visiting this website. Before you submit any information, we will always tell you why we are asking for it and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether or not you provide it.
We make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate and up-to-date but it should not be relied upon as a substitute for specialist professional advice tailored to your situation. So far as is permitted by law, Public Health Wales does not accept liability in relation to the use of any information contained in this publication or third party information or websites included in or referred to in it.